WHAT'S NEXT on Tap?

 Even as I still bask in the glow of the early support of CONFESSIONS IN B-FLAT,  I only have a moment to take it all in and take a breath, then back to work!

I truly enjoy the discovery process of writing.  While the 1960s could easily be my "go-to" years, the history of black folk in America and beyond spans the history of humankind. 

One location that I am drawn to is Sag Harbor in New York. As quiet as it's kept, New York had its share of slaves and the implementation of slavery.  The town of Eastville is one of those locations.

Having the location set, the building of the story began taking root in my mind. What resulted was a storyline entitled "I Am Ayah--The Way Home."  It is the story of my contemporary character Ayah's  reluctant return to her home in Sag Harbor. While making arrangements to place her ailing father in a senior home, and selling the house she grew up in, she stumbles upon the bread crumbs that will lead her to discover the unimaginable history of her ancestors.

While the story is set in present day, the uncovering takes the reader and Ayah as far back as the 1860s and the indomitable women in her family that preceded her.

I'm excited to dive in and see what happens.  I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of My Brownstone Days

Outrage Overload

Sex, Drugs and Rock N Roll