When Small Joys Bring Big Tears

 Today began with pouring rain.  I'd left the back windows open and woke up to find the kitchen and living room floor covered in water. That will remind me (again--cause this happened before). After cleaning and mopping, I sat down as usual to check my email and prep for teaching my online class. The last thing I expected was an email from the publicity arm of my publisher Entangled Publishing that I'd just received a STARRED REVIEW  from PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY!

After rubbing my eyes and reading it again, the screaming and shouting began!  And then out of the blue I began to cry. At first I didn't know why but then it slowly came together. 

I'd been on this writing journey for 30 years. Three decades.  For the most part I've done okay. I've had steady following and published 1-2 books consistently all those years. Critics have been good to lukewarm to "ouch." But today was the first time that all that I poured into CONFESSIONS IN B-FLAT was recognized, that the years of work was recognized--not by my good friends and faithful readers, but an entity that can tap a shoulder with a magic wand of approval or send and author into a pit of "maybe I need another profession!"

So, it may be small, but today all the years, all the work, all the passion was validated--and it just feels good. :-)

They call this novel, both a "powerful romance" and "...a knockout." In addition to, "Meticulous research, achingly real characters, and convincing romance power this enthralling tale, which ultimately lands on a message of love and compromise."

The full starred review can be found here: https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-1-64063-829-7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories of My Brownstone Days

Outrage Overload

Sex, Drugs and Rock N Roll